Simpson Electric's Bear advanced digital panel meter is unlike any other digital panel meter. Simpson's Bear was derived from the Native American Ojibwe word Makwa. The Makwa, or black bear, has always been a significant part of the reservation. The Bear has been specifically designed for engineers who require a more effective way of monitoring and displaying data. They combine the advantages of traditional moving coil meters with the features and accuracy of modern digital panel meters to provide the best of both.
Simpson's Bear gives the user precise control and accurate readings at all times. What makes it unique is how it displays precision measurement with an immediate visual indication of critical parameters. Coupled with this, no other range of digital panel meters can boast the quality of features or quality of display. This, along with the panel meter's programmable functionality, sets it apart from other digital panel meters on the market.
It has two outputs for controlling other systems in the process and is the ideal digital panel meter for engineers, designers, panel builder and PLC manufacturers for a range of applications.
The Bear is one of the easiest-to-use programmable digital panel meters on the market. The scale and annunciators can be programmed to allow users to tailor the LCD display for their exact needs, while the dynamic backlighting provides a visual alert when a parameter is out of range. These are all user-customizable through the free configurator software.
Key Features and Benefits Include:
- 4 options available: Volts/Amps/Frequency Meter, Rate/Flow/Velocity Meter, Process Meter, and a Shunt Meter
- Easily programmable by connecting to computer via USB
- User-programmable bar graph and alarms to alert operators when a parameter is out of range
- User configurable backlight colors of red, green and white
- 4 character messaging area displays custom messages, alarms and annunciators
- Interface to other equipment using control relays included
- Outputs can also be configured as 4 to 20 mA re-transmission outputs
- CE, RoHS, UL, NEMA Type 4 and 12
- Free software download