Simpson's Model 501 is the newest addition to its insulation tester family. The Model 501 can be used for general purpose insulation tests that require voltages from 50 V to 1000 V only. Additionally, this instrument is equipped with AC and DC measuring ranges up to 1000 V. This is especially advantageous for testing devices for the absence of voltage and the discharge of capacitive devices under test. The Model 501 features a quick testing signal lamp within the test probe that serves to illuminate the work area. The signal lamp can also be used for quick Pass/Fail evaluations of insulation resistances. Minimum values for insulation resistances are present if the lamp lights up. Each tester comes equipped with built-in test probes, one alligator clip, a leatherette carrying case and batteries.
- Five Test Voltages: 50, 100, 250, 500, and 1000 VDC
- Voltage Measurement to 1000 V AC/DC
- Test Probe Signal Lamp Illuminates Work Area and Indicates Pass/Fail of Insulation Resistance
- Rugged Tester Design for Industrial Applications with Leatherette Carrying Case
- Battery Powered, with Battery Test and Battery Charge Indicator